DIFFERENT WATCH MOVEMENTS
Watches are one of the best accessories that define one’s taste, personality and affordability. In the modern times where we rely heavily on our smart phones, how smart are our watches for us to rely on, is the real question! Known as the heart of a watch, a watch movement is what the watch relies on for its functioning.
The Quartz Movement Watch
Taking the watch industry by storm in 1969 was the Quartz movement in watches introduced by Japanese watchmakers. When the watch industry heavily relied on manual movements, the Quartz movement changed its face and kick-started a revolution of battery-operated watches. The battery operation of the watch works with collaboration of a quartz crystal that sends a mechanical signal allowing the consistent movement of the hands to keep time.
The benefits of the Quartz Mechanism are plenty, hence making it popular amongst many.
- • The quartz movement is known for its high accuracy of maintaining and keeping time with rarely any flaws.
- • Their easy usage made them so popular as they are battery operated and do not require any manual intervention to maintain time.
- • It ensures that the watch requires very low maintenance as the least amount of parts used and the presence of the battery ensures its low maintenance.
- • Quick to assemble and involving less labour, the watches with quartz movement are cheaper than the other mechanism-based watches.
- • Its durability is one of the most popular aspects as the less parts used in the making rarely involve any repairing.
A quartz movement will always be preferred for its accuracy and reliability for regular usage as compared to other mechanisms.