Online Auction Help
TJC Online auctions are a fun, easy and thrilling way to win unbelievable deals on a wide array of products ranging from jewellery, accessories and more. Here 1000's of auctions start at just £1 with no reserve. Simply browse our exquisite collection, place your bid and let the real savings begin.
New Features & Managing Auctions
The first section, Manage Bids, allows you to keep track all your bidding activities; bids won, and bids lost. You can see your highest bid, the current high bid of the item, and if you are a highest bidder or not with the yellow star in the first column. You can place bid for your item right here and also set the auto bid by selecting max bid using auto bidder.
Use Manage Bids under My Account. Here you can follow all your bidding activities, bids won, bids lost and the items you're interested in.
Yes, you can manage all your bidding activity from one place. You can enter the amount and select the option of either bid amount (one time bid) or max bid using auto bidder (auto bid) and click bid now.
To see the items under Manage Bids, you just need to bid once by going under Online Auctions. You can place the bid one time from either the product page or quick view page and the item will appear under your Manage Bids.
Once you win the items, they will appear under Unpaid Items. Select the items that you want to pay for by clicking the Add to Bag button. The time that is left to pay for the item is also reflected here.
The payment process for auction items that have been won must be completed 48 hours following the close of an auction. A counter displaying the Time Left to Pay for each item appears in your Unpaid Items section.
If the Time Left to Pay has expired, you will no longer be able to add it to your bag. This means that the opportunity to obtain the item for the price at which you won it has passed you by, and you will need to begin the bidding process again with a new item. If you are unable to complete the purchase process before the Time Left to Pay expires because of technical issues that have been identified by TJC, please call Customer Service at 0344 375 2525, option 3 for assistance.
This shows you the history of all your bidding activities. You can view all items that you won, lost, items for which order already made, and the ones for which payment is due.
Yes, you can see all bidding activity under Bid History. Here you can see the items that you won, lost, items for which order has been processed, and the ones for which payment is due. You can select the filter on the top for how far you want to see the bidding activities. This section also allows you to select and pay for the items that are still eligible for payment.
We are an absolutely FREE bidding website. There is no charge on the credit/debit card for bidding. We do not automatically charge your credit card upon winning a bid. You must complete checkout and process the transaction with your preferred method of payment (Credit/Debit Card and PayPal).
You will receive email notifications unless you want to disable the service by unchecking the “Check for Notification Email” box in product listing page or quick view.
This is a place where you can try your luck again to bid and win the items that you had lost earlier. Our system will automatically reflect all the items here that you had placed a bid and had lost.
Yes, you can find all the items that you bid and lost under Second Chance. It shows all the details including end time of the auction and current bid amount. You can also place your bids right from here.
- Go to the Online Auctions section. Carefully review the listing.
- Enter the amount in the tab. You will need to sign in before placing a bid.
- Select either the bid amount (one time bid) or max bid using auto bidder (auto bid).
- Review your bid, and then click the confirm bid button.
When the listing ends, you'll receive an email indicating whether you've won the item and an explanation of what to do next.
- This is our new and improved auto bidding system which allows you to enter your maximum bid in the system directly from the product page or Quick View.
- The auto bid system will keep bidding on your behalf, all you need to do is put in the maximum amount you would like to place on your selected product. You will also be able to view your auto bid amounts in My Account under Manage Auction page. This information is only visible to you. You will also notice the name of each leading auction bidder right from the showcase view on the product page. Please Note: If your name does not display immediately someone else has a max bid higher than the dollar amount you set.
- The current bid for an item is £10.00. Jack is the high bidder, and has placed a maximum bid of £15.00 on the item. His maximum bid is kept confidential from other members.
- Laura views the item and places a maximum bid of £20.00. Laura becomes the high bidder.
- Laura’s bid is raised to his maximum of £20.00 outbidding Jack at £15.00 only.
- We send Jack an email that he has been outbid. If he doesn't raise his maximum bid, Laura is now the high bidder.
- If someone joins the bidding over £20.00, Laura will be outbid and will need to increase her bid to win the item.
You can't retract, remove, or cancel a bid. When you place a bid, you agree to pay for the item if you're the winning bidder.
TJC has the right to block the bidders if they violate the policies rules and regulations formed by TJC. To determine if your account can be reactivated, you need to call the customer service department.
We respectfully request that our customers only place bids on items in which they have a genuine interest and intent to purchase. Continuously placing bids on a large number of items and then not purchasing those items once you win the auction is not recommended. Placing excessive bids on items with the intent to hinder the shopping experience on TJC’s Online Auctions platform, may lead to corrective actions, including restrictions of your buying privileges, suspension of your account and/or legal proceedings.
TJC does not allow the use of hateful, offensive, profane or unrefined language in all public areas of the website, including the Online Auctions Bidding platform.
Offensive language or profanity in user profiles, including: First Names, Last names and Email IDs.
Hateful, obscene, offensive, racist, sexual or violent words in any public area of the site, including the Online Auctions bidding platform.
User accounts must adhere to the following guidelines. Failure to comply may result in corrective actions by TJC, including restrictions of your buying privileges, suspension of your account and/or legal proceedings.
Username and ID Guidelines
- Usernames (First Name & Last Name) should be between 3 and 20 alphabet characters in length and may not contain numbers, symbols, spaces or special characters.
- Usernames (First Name & Last Name) may not contain foul, offensive or otherwise undesirable language.
- Email IDs, comments and feedback may not contain foul, offensive or otherwise undesirable language.