A Coronavirus update on what TJC is doing to help and answers to your questions
To our TJC Family,
I just want to start by saying a sincere thank you for your continued loyalty and custom. You are all in our thoughts and we hope that you and your loved ones stay safe and healthy as we navigate through these tough times together. We have been overwhelmed with incredible support and kind messages from our staff, customers, and communities.
We are all taking the necessary precautions to protect those around us, and we wanted to update you with the steps we have taken to keep you and our colleagues safe. Over the recent weeks we have made a lot of changes to the way we work and will continue to make adaptations to keep everyone around us safe.
How we are protecting our colleagues:
- Our UK warehouse and call agents are following the latest UK Government guidelines. We have worked closely with the local council to ensure we offer personal safety to our staff and carry out social distancing correctly.
- We are looking for ways in which we can help our call agents to answer your queries from their homes.
- All staff are provided with PPE, we have arranged for a stringent cleaning regime between shifts, and we have increased the number of hand washing basins in our offices.
- Most of our departments are working from home, we are regularly talking to our teams in groups and individually to ensure they all feel supported.
- None of our colleagues are required to come in to work if they do not feel supported or protected.
How we are supporting our communities:
We have all seen how hard our key workers have been working during the current crisis and TJC wanted to show them how much we appreciate everything they are doing to keep us safe. We have recently donated 15,000 masks to hospitals, care homes and councils. We have plans in place to place to donate a further 35,000 masks to our key workers.
One of TJC founding principles is to do the right thing, since 2015 we have been working with locally based registered charities Magic Breakfast and Akshaya Patra, who help us to deliver meals to school children across the UK and India. For every item you buy we donate a nutritious meal, you help us improve the lives of 35,000 children every day. We have continued to support these local charities during these uncertain times and will continue our support into the future.
We will continue to do everything we can to best serve our customers and employees during these challenging times and we would like to thank you again for your ongoing support.